Cascading behavior in social and economic networksEI
At a local level, networks mediate the interactions between pairs of individuals; and when these pairwise interactions are linked together across multiple steps in the network, larger patterns of cascading behavior can develop. Depending on the context, such cascades can represent desirable outcomes for the system -- such as the spread of a product or social movement that is promoted by word-of-mouth effects -- or they can represent destructive outcomes -- such as the outbreak of a disease or a financial crisis. Here we consider a ran...更多
- 1Jie Gao, Golnaz Ghasemiesfeh, Grant Schoenebeck, Fang-Yi Yu. General Threshold Model for Social Cascades: Analysis and Simulations.EC, pp. 617-634, 2016.
- 2Tauch, S.; Liu, W.; Pears, R.. Measuring cascade effects in interdependent networks by using effective graph resistance.Computer Communications Workshops, pp. 683-688, 2015.
- 3Brummitt Charles D, D'Souza Raissa M, Leicht E A. Suppressing cascades of load in interdependent networks.Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, pp. E680-9, 2012.
- 4Yi, Chengqi, Bao, Yuanyuan, Jiang, Jingchi, Xue, Yibo. Mitigation strategy against cascading failures on social networks.Communications, China , pp. 37-46, 2014.
- 7Jon Kleinberg, Cascading Behavior in Networks: Algorithmic and Economic Issues.Algorithmic Game Theory
- 8Jure Leskovec, Ajit Singh, Jon Kleinberg. Patterns of influence in a recommendation network.PAKDD, pp. 380-389, 2006.
- 9Junjian Qi, Kai Sun, Shengwei Mei. An Interaction Model for Simulation and Mitigation of Cascading Failures.Power Systems, IEEE Transactions , pp. 804-819, 2015.
- 12Ellsworth M. Campbell, Marcel Salathé. Complex social contagion makes networks more vulnerable to disease outbreaks.Scientific reports, pp. 1905-1905, 2013.
- 14Liang Zhao, Kwangho Park, Ying-Cheng Lai, Thiago Henrique Cupertino. Attack Induced Cascading Breakdown in Complex Networks.J. Braz. Comp. Soc., pp. 67-76, 2007.
- 15Matthew O. Jackson, An Overview of Social Networks and Economic Applications*.Handbook of Social Economics, 2011.
- 16Liang Huang, Lei Yang, Kongqing Yang. Geographical effects on cascading breakdowns of scale-free networks.Physical review. E, Statistical, nonlinear, and soft matter physics, pp. 036102-036102, 2006.
- 17Lin Chen, Kaigui Bian, Lin Chen, Wei Yan, Xiaoming Li. On the cascading spectrum contention problem in self-coexistence of cognitive radio networks.CRAB@MobiCom, pp. 3-12, 2013.
- 19Hyunsuk Hong, Seung-Woo Son. Costly bilingualism model in a population with one zealot.Physical review. E, Statistical, nonlinear, and soft matter physics, pp. 022807-022807, 2013.
- 20MA Yi-hua, KANG kai. Model for Cascading Failures in Complex Networks Based on Non-linear and Surplus Capacity.Journal of System Simulation, pp. 26-31, 2013.
EC, pp. 1-4, 2013.