How Bad is Forming Your Own Opinion?EI
A long-standing line of work in economic theory has studied models by which a group of people in a social network, each holding a numerical opinion, can arrive at a shared opinion through repeated averaging with their neighbors in the network. Motivated by the observation that consensus is rarely reached in real opinion dynamics, we study a related sociological model in which individuals' intrinsic beliefs counterbalance the averaging process and yield a diversity of opinions. By interpreting the repeated averaging as best-response dy...更多
- 1Yucheng Dong, Xia Chen, Haiming Liang, Cong-Cong Li. Dynamics of linguistic opinion formation in bounded confidence model.Information Fusion, pp. 52-61, 2016.
- 3Xiong Fei, Liu Yun. Opinion formation on social media: an empirical approach.Chaos (Woodbury, N.Y.), pp. 013130-013130, 2014.
- 7Dustin Arendt, Leslie M. Blaha. Opinions, influence, and zealotry: a computational study on stubbornness.Computational & Mathematical Organization Theory, pp. 184-209, 2015.
- 8Wei Li, Hui Wang, Pei Li, Pengyi Fan. Evolutionary game of opinion dynamics under impact of structural balance.ICSEM), 2012 3rd International Conference, pp. 208-211, 2012.
- 10Chung-Yuan Huang, Pen-Jung Tzou, Chuen-Tsai Sun. Collective opinion and attitude dynamics dependency on informational and normative social influences.Simulation, pp. 875-892, 2011.
- 12Xiong Xi, Hu Yong. Research on the dynamics of opinion spread based on social network services.Acta Physica Sinica, pp. 110-116, 2012.
- 13Feng Fu, Long Wang. Coevolutionary dynamics of opinions and networks: from diversity to uniformity.Physical review. E, Statistical, nonlinear, and soft matter physics, pp. 016104-016104, 2008.
- 14Claudio Altafini, Dynamics of opinion forming in structurally balanced social networks.CDC, pp. e38135-e38135, 2012.
- 16Fei Ding, Yun Liu, Bo Shen, Xia-Meng Si. An evolutionary game theory model of binary opinion formation.Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, pp. 1745-1752, 2010.
- 18Mehdi Moussaïd, Juliane E. Kaemmer, Pantelis P. Analytis, Hansjörg Neth. Social influence and the collective dynamics of opinion formation.PloS one, pp. e78433-e78433, 2013.
- 20Daron Acemoğlu, Giacomo Como, Fabio Fagnani, Asuman Ozdaglar. Opinion Fluctuations and Disagreement in Social Networks.Math. Oper. Res., pp. 1-27, 2010.