The convergence of social and technological networksEI
The growth of social media and on-line social networks has opened up a set of fascinating new challenges and directions for the field of computing. Some of the basic issues around these developments are the design of information systems in the presence of complex social feedback effects, and the emergence of a growing research interface between computing and the social sciences. In this talk, we will review two key sets of challenges that arise in designing and analyzing on-line social systems. The first is to understand how informati...更多
- 1Barbara Calabrese, Mario Cannataro, Nicola Ielpo. Using Social Networks Data for Behavior and Sentiment Analysis.IDCS, pp. 285-293, 2015.
- 2Kleinberg Jon, Analysis of large-scale social and information networks.Philosophical transactions. Series A, Mathematical, physical, and engineering sciences, pp. 20120378-20120378, 2013.
- 3Tavakolifard, M.; Almeroth, K.C.. Social computing: an intersection of recommender systems, trust/reputation systems, and social networks.Network, IEEE, pp. 53-58, 2012.
- 4Yichuan Jiang, J. C. Jiang. Understanding Social Networks From a Multiagent Perspective.IEEE Trans. Parallel Distrib. Syst., pp. 2743-2759, 2013.
- 5Mitul Tiwari, Large-scale social recommender systems: challenges and opportunities.WWW (Companion Volume), pp. 939-940, 2013.
- 10Julia M. Mayer, Richard P. Schuler, Quentin Jones. Towards an understanding of social inference opportunities in social computing.GROUP, pp. 239-248, 2012.
- 11Fei-Yue Wang, Dongsong Zhang, Katia Sycara. Guest Editorial: Special Section on Social and Economic Computing.IEEE Transactions on Services Computing, pp. 150-151, 2013.
- 12Easley David, Kleinberg Jon. Networks, Crowds, and Markets: Reasoning About a Highly Connected World.Networks, Crowds, and Markets: Reasoning About a Highly Connected World, 2010.
- 13Lei Tang, Huan Liu. Scalable learning of collective behavior based on sparse social dimensions.CIKM, pp. 1107-1116, 2009.
- 14Suke Li, Zhong Chen. Social Services Computing: Concepts, Research Challenges, and Directions.GreenCom/CPSCom, pp. 840-845E, 2010.
- 15Jon Kleinberg, Computational perspectives on social phenomena at global scales.IJCAI, pp. 2-4, 2013.
- 16Michael S. Bernstein, Mark S. Ackerman, Ed H. Chi, Robert C. Miller. The trouble with social computing systems research.CHI Extended Abstracts, pp. 389-398, 2011.
TAMC, pp. 29-29, 2012.