Romantic partnerships and the dispersion of social ties: a network analysis of relationship status on facebookEI
A crucial task in the analysis of on-line social-networking systems is to identify important people --- those linked by strong social ties --- within an individual's network neighborhood. Here we investigate this question for a particular category of strong ties, those involving spouses or romantic partners. We organize our analysis around a basic question: given all the connections among a person's friends, can you recognize his or her romantic partner from the network structure alone? Using data from a large sample of Facebook users...更多
- 1Jie Tang, Tiancheng Lou, Jon M. Kleinberg, Sen Wu. Transfer Learning to Infer Social Ties across Heterogeneous Networks.ACM Trans. Inf. Syst., 2016.
- 2Perry-Smith Jill E, Social network ties beyond nonredundancy: an experimental investigation of the effect of knowledge content and tie strength on creativity.The Journal of applied psychology, pp. 831-846, 2014.
- 3Peifeng Yin, Qi He, Xingjie Liu, Wang-Chien Lee. It Takes Two to Tango: Exploring Social Tie Development with Both Online and Offline Interactions.Statistical Analysis and Data Mining, pp. 174-187, 2016.
- 4Stavros Sintos, Panayiotis Tsaparas. Using strong triadic closure to characterize ties in social networks.KDD, pp. 1466-1475, 2014.
- 6Mangesh Gupte, Tina Eliassi-Rad. Measuring tie strength in implicit social networks.Proceedings of the 3rd Annual ACM Web Science Conference, pp. 109-118, 2012.
- 10Ray Reagans, Close Encounters: Analyzing How Social Similarity and Propinquity Contribute to Strong Network Connections.Organization Science, pp. 835-849, 2011.
- 11Silke Retzer, Pak Yoong, Val Hooper. Inter-organisational knowledge transfer in social networks: A definition of intermediate ties.Information Systems Frontiers, pp. 343-361, 2012.
- 12Yunsheng Wang, Jie Wu. Social-tie-based information dissemination in mobile opportunistic social networks.WoWMoM, pp. 1-6, 2013.
- 14Xiqing Sha, Yi Wu, Klarissa Chang. Creativity in Dyads: the role of closeness and media multiplexity.CPR, pp. 159-164, 2012.
- 17Terry Hui-Ye Chiu, ShyMin Chen. Propagating online social networks: via different kinds of weak ties.ASONAM, pp. 1189-1195, 2013.
- 18Moira Burke, Robert E. Kraut. Growing closer on facebook: changes in tie strength through social network site use.CHI, pp. 4187-4196, 2014.
- 19Katrina Panovich, Rob Miller, David Karger. Tie strength in question & answer on social network sites.CSCW, pp. 1057-1066, 2012.
- 20Jyun-Cheng Wang, Ching-Hui Chang. How online social ties and product-related risks influence purchase intentions: A Facebook experiment.Electronic Commerce Research and Applications, pp. 337-346, 2013.
Proceedings of the 17th ACM conference on Computer supported cooperative work & social computing, 2014.