Computational perspectives on social phenomena at global scalesEI
The growth of social media and on-line social networks has opened up a set of fascinating new challenges and directions for researchers in both computing and the social sciences, and an active interface is growing between these areas. We discuss a set of basic questions that arise in the design and analysis of systems supporting on-line social interactions, focusing on two main issues: the role of network structure in the dynamics of social media sites, and the analysis of textual data as a way to study properties of on-line social in...更多
- 2Zhen Yang, Isaac Jones, Xia Hu, Huan Liu. Finding the Right Social Media Site for Questions.Advances in Social Network Analysis and Mining, 2015.
- 4Panahi Sirous, Watson Jason, Partridge Helen. Fostering interpersonal trust on social media: physicians' perspectives and experiences.Postgraduate medical journal, 2015.
- 5Lafferty Natalie T, Manca Annalisa. Perspectives on social media in and as research: A synthetic review.International review of psychiatry (Abingdon, England), pp. 85-96, 2015.
- 6Lau A Y S, Siek K A, Fernandez-Luque L, Tange H, Chhanabhai P, Li S Y W, Elkin P L, Arjabi A, Walczowski L, Ang C S, Eysenbach G. The role of social media for patients and consumer health. Contribution of the IMIA Consumer Health Informatics Working Group.Yearbook of medical informatics, pp. 131-138, 2011.
- 7Pui, G.; Cheong Fung; Kai-On Chow; Tak-Lam Wong. What is the role of physical location in our online social networks?.ICMLC), 2012 International Conference, pp. 1252-1257, 2012.
- 9Mohammed Eltaher, Jeongkyu Lee. Social User Mining: Survey on Mining Different Types of Social Media Data.IJMDEM, pp. 58-70, 2013.
- 10Kristina Lerman, Social Browsing & Information Filtering in Social Media.Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, 2007.
- 13Thomas V. Pollet, Sam G. B. Roberts, Robin I. M. Dunbar. Use of Social Network Sites and Instant Messaging Does Not Lead to Increased Offline Social Network Size, or to Emotionally Closer Relationships with Offline Network Members.Cyberpsy., Behavior, and Soc. Networking, pp. 253-258, 2011.
- 14Iraklis Varlamis, Magdalini Eirinaki, Malamati Louta. A Study on Social Network Metrics and Their Application in Trust Networks.ASONAM, pp. 168-175, 2010.
- 16Fabrício Benevenuto, Tiago Rodrigues, Meeyoung Cha, Virgílio Almeida. Characterizing user navigation and interactions in online social networks.Inf. Sci., pp. 1-24, 2012.
- 20Jon Kleinberg, The convergence of social and technological networks.TAMC, pp. 29-29, 2012.
IJCAI, pp. 2-4, 2013.