Echoes of power: language effects and power differences in social interactionEI
Understanding social interaction within groups is key to analyzing online communities. Most current work focuses on structural properties: who talks to whom, and how such interactions form larger network structures. The interactions themselves, however, generally take place in the form of natural language --- either spoken or written --- and one could reasonably suppose that signals manifested in language might also provide information about roles, status, and other aspects of the group's dynamics. To date, however, finding domain-ind...更多
- 2Baker Lindsay, Egan-Lee Eileen, Martimianakis Maria Athina Tina, Reeves Scott. Relationships of power: implications for interprofessional education.Journal of interprofessional care, pp. 98-104, 2011.
- 3Bracewell, D.B.; Tomlinson, M.; Hui Wang. A Motif Approach for Identifying Pursuits of Power in Social Discourse.Semantic Computing, pp. 1-8, 2012.
- 4Steven L. Johnson, Samer Faraj, Srinivas Kudaravalli. Emergence of power laws in online communities: the role of social mechanisms and preferential attachment.MIS Quarterly, pp. 795-808, 2014.
- 5Eduardo G. Altmann, Giampaolo Cristadoro, Mirko Degli Esposti. On the origin of long-range correlations in texts.Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, 2012.
- 7WANG Mi, Foucault's Language Power and Its Influence on Translation.Journal of Heihe University, pp. 102-105, 2012.
- 9Marius van Dijke, Matthijs Poppe. Preferred changes in power differences: Effects of social comparison in equal and unequal power relations.Journal of Experimental Social Psychology, pp. 149-160, 2003.
- 10Gong Yi-hua, Psychological effects of foreign relative power on social cognition and behavior.Chinese Journal of Clinical Rehabilitation, pp. 165-167, 2006.
- 12ZHENG Mufan, ZHAO Junhua. How Power Influences Moral Judgement: The Effect of Situational Involvement.Acta Psychologica Sinica, pp. 92-100, 2013.
- 13Janusz Kacprzyk, Sławomir Zadrożny. Computing with words is an implementable paradigm: fuzzy queries, linguistic data summaries, and natural-language generation.IEEE T. Fuzzy Systems, pp. 461-472, 2010.
- 14Philip Bramsen, Martha Escobar-Molano, Ami Patel, Rafael Alonso. Extracting social power relationships from natural language.ACL, pp. 773-782, 2011.
Proceedings of the 21st international conference on World Wide Web, pp. 699-708, 2012.