New types of deep neural network learning for speech recognition and related applications: an overviewEIWOS
In this paper, we provide an overview of the invited and contributed papers presented at the special session at ICASSP-2013, entitled “New Types of Deep Neural Network Learning for Speech Recognition and Related Applications,” as organized by the authors. We also describe the historical context in which acoustic models based on deep neural networks have been developed. The technical overview of the papers presented in our special session is organized into five ways of improving deep learning methods: (1) better optimization; (2) bette...更多
- 2Frank Seide, Gang Li, Dong Yu. Conversational Speech Transcription Using Context-Dependent Deep Neural Networks.ICML, pp. 437-440, 2011.
- 3Li Deng, Dong Yu, John C. Platt. Scalable stacking and learning for building deep architectures.ICASSP, pp. 2133-2136, 2012.
- 4John Duchi, Elad Hazan, Yoram Singer. Adaptive Subgradient Methods for Online Learning and Stochastic Optimization.Journal of Machine Learning Research, pp. 257-269, 2010.
- 6N. Morgan, Deep and Wide: Multiple Layers in Automatic Speech Recognition.IEEE Transactions on Audio, Speech & Language Processing, pp. 7-13, 2012.
- 7Jing Huang, Brian Kingsbury. Audio-visual deep learning for noise robust speech recognition.ICASSP, pp. 7596-7599, 2013.
- 8Kevin J. Lang, Alex H. Waibel, Geoffrey E. Hinton. A time-delay neural network architecture for isolated word recognition.Neural Networks, pp. 23-43, 1990.
- 10Li Deng, Dong Yu. Use of Differential Cepstra as Acoustic Features in Hidden Trajectory Modeling for Phonetic Recognition.ICASSP (4), pp. IV-445, 2007.
- 13Alex Graves, Abdel-rahman Mohamed, Geoffrey E. Hinton. Speech Recognition with Deep Recurrent Neural Networks.ICASSP, pp. 6645-6649, 2013.
- 15James Martens, Ilya Sutskever. Learning Recurrent Neural Networks with Hessian-Free Optimization.ICML, pp. 1033-1040, 2011.
- 19Herve A. Bourlard, Nelson Morgan. Connectionist Speech Recognition: A Hybrid Approach.Connectionist Speech Recognition: A Hybrid Approach, 1993.
- 26Dong Yu, Li Deng, Frank Seide, Gang Li. DISCRIMINATIVE PRETRAINING OF DEEP NEURAL NETWORKS., 2013.
- 27George E. Dahl, Dong Yu, Li Deng, Alex Acero. Large vocabulary continuous speech recognition with context-dependent DBN-HMMS.ICASSP, pp. 4688-4691, 2011.
- 29YANN LECUN, L ´ EON BOTTOU, YOSHUA BENGIO, PATRICK HAFFNER. Gradient-Based Learning Applied to Document Recognition.Proceedings of the IEEE, pp. 2278-2324, 1998.
ICASSP, pp. 8599-8603, 2013.