AI helps you reading Science
AI generates interpretation videos
AI extracts and analyses the key points of the paper to generate videos automatically
AI parses the academic lineage of this thesis
AI extracts a summary of this paper
This paper provides an overview of big data analytics in healthcare and government systems
A Survey of Big Data Analytics in Healthcare and Government
Procedia Computer Science, (2015): 408-413
This paper gives an insight of how we can uncover additional value from the data generated by healthcare and government. Large amount of heterogeneous data is generated by these agencies. But without proper data analytics methods these data became useless. Big Data Analytics using Hadoop plays an effective role in performing meaningful re...More
PPT (Upload PPT)
- The healthcare industry has generated large amount of data generated from record keeping, compliance and patient related data.
- To improve the quality of healthcare by minimizing the costs, it’s necessary that large volume of data generated should be analysed effectively to answer new challenges.
- It requires a technology that helps to perform a real time analysis on the enormous data set.
- This will help the government to provide value added services to the citizens.
- The healthcare industry has generated large amount of data generated from record keeping, compliance and patient related data
- Big data analytics helps in discovering valuable decisions by understanding the data patterns and the relationship between them with the help of machine learning algorithms(1)
- This paper provides an overview of big data analytics in healthcare and government systems
- It describes about big data generated by these systems, data characteristics, security issues in handling big data and how big data analytics helps to gain a meaningful insight on these data set
- 3.1 Big Data Ecosystem for Healthcare and Government It is a complex system that constitutes of components and technologies to handle large scale data processing and analytics on it
- The security challenges faced by the big data processing in distributed environment are as follows: 1
- This paper provides an overview of big data analytics in healthcare and government systems.
- Making an analysis on the data generated by the patients who already suffered from the same symptoms, helps doctor to provide effective medicines to new patients.
- 2.2 Need for Big Data in Government Big data analytics helps government in building smart cities by providing faster and reliable services to its citizens.
- This helps government to assess the educational needs for these children immediately.
- Analysis on the data is performed using Map-Reduce and HIVE by implementing machine-learning algorithms which helps in analysing similar pattern of data.
- 3.1 Big Data Ecosystem for Healthcare and Government It is a complex system that constitutes of components and technologies to handle large scale data processing and analytics on it.
- It includes getting the data from various sources, store them in HDFS (Hadoop Distributed File System), process the data using Hadoop components such as Map-Reduce, perform analysis using PIG and generate Business Intelligence reports such as patient scorecards.
- First it has to classify the data based on the specific location, need to trigger the health report of children, need to identify the children whose family are under poverty line and these data should be processed.
- Based on the example after the data is processed it will generate a report based on malnourished children in a particular location.
- The security challenges faced by the big data processing in distributed environment are as follows: 1.
- To provide authentication for users, nodes and applications involved in distributed environment.
- Map reduce program performs the analysis on the data and returns the results to job tracker(4).
- To successfully identify and implement big data solutions and benefit from the value that big data can bring, government need to devote time, allocate budget and resources to visioning and planning.
- With the help of Hadoop the goal of effective citizen care management can be achieved by providing an effective data driven services to citizens by predicting their needs based on the analysis of survey conducted among different classes of citizens.
- Secured BDA can be implemented by using Hadoop in a security enabled linux environment where access control is provided by the system itself(2)
- Yanglin Ren, Monitoring patients via a secure and mobile healthcare system, IEEE Symposium on wireless communication,2011
- Dai Yuefa, Wu Bo, GuYaqiang,Data Security Model for Cloud Computing, International Workshop on Information Security and Application,2009
- Jeffrey Dean and Sanjay Ghemawat,MapReduce: Simplified Data Processing on Large Clusters,ACM,2008
- Cong Wang, Privacy-Preserving Public Auditing for Secure Cloud Storage,IEEE,2010 5. Konstantin Shvachko, HairongKuang, Sanjay Radia, Robert Chansler,The Hadoop Distributed File System,IEEE,2010 6. Bill Hamilton, Big Data Is the Future of Healthcare, Cognizant white paper, 2010.
- 7. White Paper by SAS, How Government are using the Power of High Performance Analytics, 2013.
- 8. Michael Cooper &Peter Mell, Tackling Big Data Problems, NSIT Computer Security Workshop 9. Jean Yean, Big Data Bigger Opportunities, White Paper, U.S.General Services Administration.