AI helps you reading Science
AI generates interpretation videos
AI extracts and analyses the key points of the paper to generate videos automatically
AI parses the academic lineage of this thesis
AI extracts a summary of this paper
The implementations of the proposed model, 2SBM, mainly focused on securing financial services in cloud systems, which was supported by two algorithms, namely, Ontology-Based Access Recognition and Semantic Information Matching
Intercrossed Access Controls for Secure Financial Services on Multimedia Big Data in Cloud Systems.
TOMCCAP, no. 4s (2016): 67:1-67:18
The dramatically growing demand of Cyber Physical and Social Computing (CPSC) has enabled a variety of novel channels to reach services in the financial industry. Combining cloud systems with multimedia big data is a novel approach for Financial Service Institutions (FSIs) to diversify service offerings in an efficient manner. However, th...More
PPT (Upload PPT)
- Web and mobile technologies have driven a remarkable advance of implementing multimedia and cloud computing in the financial industry [Zissis and Lekkas 2012].
- Increased choices of the service accesses can bring a lot of vulnerabilities that can take place in various phases, such as communications and authentications [Gai et al 2015a].
- This article addresses this issue and aims to solve the problem of the access safety by using a semantic-based approach
- Web and mobile technologies have driven a remarkable advance of implementing multimedia and cloud computing in the financial industry [Zissis and Lekkas 2012]
- As one of the major concerns of using multimedia big data, access security is considered a significant matter when multimedia-based solutions are adopted by the Financial Service Institutions (FSIs)
- We propose a model named IntercroSsed Secure Big Multimedia Model (2SBM) that is designed to secure the data usage between multimedia by using Semantic-Based Access Control (SBAC) and ontology-based relation identification techniques
- The implementations of the proposed model, 2SBM, mainly focused on securing financial services in cloud systems, which was supported by two algorithms, namely, Ontology-Based Access Recognition (OBAR) and Semantic Information Matching (SIM)
- The performance of the proposed scheme had been evaluated by our experiments and the experimental results demonstrated the adoptability of the model fitting in the demands of the financial industry
- Experimental results were exhibited by a number of figures.
- Figure 6 represents the comparison of the time consumption performances for the proposed model and BF under Setting 1.
- The authors' proposed model had an advantage when the number of the input attribute sets went up.
- It implied that the model could perform better when multimedia data were large.
- The authors proposed a new approach using intercrossed access control on multimedia big data in this article.
- The implementations of the proposed model, 2SBM, mainly focused on securing financial services in cloud systems, which was supported by two algorithms, namely, OBAR and SIM.
- The performance of the proposed scheme had been evaluated by the experiments and the experimental results demonstrated the adoptability of the model fitting in the demands of the financial industry.
- The performance of the proposed scheme had been evaluated by the experiments and the experimental results demonstrated the adoptability of the model fitting in the demands of the financial industry. 67:17
- This section emphasizes the main, recent research in the related fields and compares the differences between the prior research and our work. The foremost aspects in our reviews include trust management in the banking industry, access control techniques, and multimedia big data issues.
3.1. Trust Management in the Financial Industry
In the financial industry, trust management is a concept for ensuring the security between nodes and detecting malicious activities. This term also produces the basic credential criterion for communication rules [Blaze et al 2009; Gai et al 2015c]. Securing the communications within the system requires a cooperative policy evaluation along with the supports of the credential management. The information security issues in the financial industry have a close relationship with the secure factor selections [Ifinedo 2011, 2014]. Validating authentication constraints is a common approach that can be executed by using various techniques, such as role-based access controls [Sohr et al 2008]. The major requirement of the financial industry in trust management is to have secure communications between any nodes within the entire network.
- This work is supported by the National Science Foundation, under grant NSF CNS-1457506 and NSF CNS1359557
- This work is also supported by the International Science and Technology Cooperation Program of China under Grant 2014DFR70730
- A. Alamri, P. Bertok, and J. Thom. 2013. Authorization control for a semantic data repository through an inference policy engine. IEEE Transactions on Dependable and Secure Computing 10, 6 (2013), 328–340.
- Y. Badr, F. Biennier, and S. Tata. 2011. The integration of corporate security strategies in collaborative business processes. IEEE Transactions on Services Computing 4, 3 (2011), 243–254.
- S. Barker and V. Genovese. 2012. Access control with privacy enhancements a unified approach. IEEE Transactions on Dependable and Secure Computing 9, 5 (2012), 670–683.
- M. Blaze, S. Kannan, I. Lee, O. Sokolsky, J. Smith, A. Keromytis, and W. Lee. 2009. Dynamic trust management. Computer 42, 2 (2009), 44–52.
- W. Dou, X. Zhang, J. Liu, and J. Chen. 201HireSome-II: Towards privacy-aware cross-cloud service composition for big data applications. IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems 26, 2 (2015), 455–466.
- M. Espinoza, C. Champod, and P. Margot. 2011. Vulnerabilities of fingerprint reader to fake fingerprints attacks. Forensic Science International 204, 1 (2011), 41–49.
- K. Gai and S. Li. 2012. Towards cloud computing: A literature review on cloud computing and its development trends. In Proceedings of the 2012 4th International Conference on Multimedia Information Networking and Security. IEEE, 142–146.
- K. Gai, M. Qiu, L. Tao, and Y. Zhu. 2015a. Intrusion detection techniques for mobile cloud computing in heterogeneous 5G. Security and Communication Networks (2015), 1–10.
- K. Gai, M. Qiu, B. Thuraisingham, and L. Tao. 2015b. Proactive attribute-based secure data schema for mobile cloud in financial industry. In Proceedings of the IEEE International Symposium on Big Data Security on Cloud; 17th IEEE International Conference on High Performance Computing and Communications. IEEE, New York, 1332–1337.
- K. Gai, M. Qiu, H. Zhao, L. Tao, and Z. Zong. 2015c. Dynamic energy-aware cloudlet-based mobile cloud computing model for green computing. Journal of Network and Computer Applications 59 (2015), 46–54.
- P. Gupta, S. Stoller, and Z. Xu. 2014. Abductive analysis of administrative policies in rule-based access control. IEEE Transactions on Dependable and Secure Computing 11, 5 (2014), 412–424.
- H. Hu, G. Ahn, and J. Jorgensen. 2013. Multiparty access control for online social networks: Model and mechanisms. IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering 25, 7 (2013), 1614–1627.
- P. Ifinedo. 2011. An exploratory study of the relationships between selected contextual factors and information security concerns in global financial services institutions. Journal of Information Privacy and Security 7, 1 (2011), 25–49.
- P. Ifinedo. 20The effects of national culture on the assessment of information security threats and controls in financial services industry. International Journal of Electronic Business Management 12, 2 (2014), 75.
- Y. Li, W. Dai, Z. Ming, and M. Qiu. 20Privacy protection for preventing data over-collection in smart city. IEEE Transactions on Computers PP (2015), 1. Issue 99.
- A. Liu, E. Torng, and C. Meiners. 2011. Compressing network access control lists. IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems 22, 12 (2011), 1969–1977.
- F. Liu, H. Lo, L. Chen, and W. Lee. 2013. Comprehensive security integrated model and ontology within cloud computing. J. of Internet Technology 14, 6 (2013), 935–946.
- C. Mendoza and J. Kleinschmidt. 2015. Mitigating on-off attacks in the Internet of Things using a distributed trust management scheme. International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks 2015 (2015), 1–8.
- S. Meng, W. Dou, X. Zhang, and J. Chen. 2014. KASR: A keyword-aware service recommendation method on MapReduce for big data application. IEEE Transactions on Parallel & Distributed Systems 25, 12 (2014), 3221–3231.
- Y. Pai, F. Cheng, S. Lu, and S. Ruan. 2012. Sub-trees modification of Huffman coding for stuffing bits reduction and efficient NRZI data transmission. IEEE Transactions on Broadcasting 58, 2 (2012), 221–227.
- Z. Pervaiz, W. Aref, A. Ghafoor, and N. Prabhu. 2014. Accuracy-constrained privacy-preserving access control mechanism for relational data. IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering 26, 4 (2014), 795–807.
- M. Qiu, K. Gai, B. Thuraisingham, L. Tao, and H. Zhao. 2016. Proactive user-centric secure data scheme using attribute-based semantic access controls for mobile clouds in financial industry. Future Generation Computer Systems PP (2016), 1.
- M. Qiu, W. Gao, M. Chen, J. Niu, and L. Zhang. 2011. Energy efficient security algorithm for power grid wide area monitoring system. IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid 2, 4 (2011), 715–723.
- M. Qiu and E. Sha. 2009. Cost minimization while satisfying hard/soft timing constraints for heterogeneous embedded systems. ACM Transactions on Design Automation of Electronic Systems 14, 2 (2009), 25.
- M. Qiu, M. Zhong, J. Li, K. Gai, and Z. Zong. 2015. Phase-change memory optimization for green cloud with genetic algorithm. IEEE Transactions on Computers 64, 12 (2015), 3528–3540.
- R. Ramani, S. Selvaraju, S. Valarmathy, and P. Niranjan. 2012. Bank locker security system based on RFID and GSM technology. International Journal of Computer Applications 57, 18 (2012), 15–20.
- I. Ray. 2005. Applying semantic knowledge to real-time update of access control policies. IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering 17, 6 (2005), 844–858.
- M. Rico, O. Corcho, V. Mendez, and J. Gomez-Perez. 2011. A semantically enhanced UPnP control point for sharing multimedia content. IEEE Internet Computing 15, 6 (2011), 58–64.
- S. Runde and A. Fay. 2011. Software support for building automation requirements engineering - An application of semantic web technologies in automation. IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics 7, 4 (2011), 723–730.
- R. Sanchez, F. Almenares, P. Arias, D. Dıaz-Sanchez, and A. Marın. 2012. Enhancing privacy and dynamic federation in IdM for consumer cloud computing. IEEE Transactions on Consumer Electronics 58, 1 (2012), 95–103.
- K. Sohr, M. Drouineaud, G. Ahn, and M. Gogolla. 2008. Analyzing and managing role-based access control policies. IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering 20, 7 (2008), 924–939.
- H. Sun, Y. Chen, and Y. Lin. 2012a. oPass: A user authentication protocol resistant to password stealing and password reuse attacks. IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security 7, 2 (2012), 651–663.
- L. Sun, H. Wang, J. Yong, and G. Wu. 2012b. Semantic access control for cloud computing based on ehealthcare. In Proceedings of the IEEE 16th International Conference on Computer Supported Cooperative Work in Design. IEEE, 512–518.
- S. Sundareswaran, A. Squicciarini, and D. Lin. 2012. Ensuring distributed accountability for data sharing in the cloud. IEEE Transactions on Dependable and Secure Computing 9, 4 (2012), 556–568.
- L. Tao, S. Golikov, K. Gai, and M. Qiu. 2015. A reusable software component for integrated syntax and semantic validation for services computing. In Proceedings of the 9th International IEEE Symposium on Service-Oriented System Engineering. IEEE, 127–132.
- A. Toninelli, R. Montanari, and A. Corradi. 2009. Enabling secure service discovery in mobile healthcare enterprise networks. IEEE Wireless Communications 16, 3 (2009), 24–32.
- B. Zhu, J. Yan, G. Bao, M. Yang, and N. Xu. 2014. Captcha as graphical passwords - A new security primitive based on hard AI problems. IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security 9, 6 (2014), 891–904.
- D. Zissis and D. Lekkas. 2012. Addressing cloud computing security issues. Future Generation computer systems 28, 3 (2012), 583–592.
- Received October 2015; revised February 2016; accepted February 2016