Detecting Strong Ties Using Network MotifsEI
Detecting strong ties among users in social and information networks is a fundamental operation that can improve performance on a multitude of personalization and ranking tasks. There are a variety of ways a tie can be deemed ``strong'', and in this work we use a data-driven (or supervised) approach by assuming that we are provided a sample set of edges labeled as strong ties in the network. Such labeled edges are often readily obtained from the social network as users often participate in multiple overlapping networks via features su...更多
- 3Myunghwan Kim, Jure Leskovec. Modeling Social Networks with Node Attributes using the Multiplicative Attribute Graph Model.uncertainty in artificial intelligence, pp. 400-409, 2011.
- 7K E Campbell, Peter V Marsden. Measuring Tie Strength.Social Forces, 1984.
- 11Lars Backstrom, Jon Kleinberg. Romantic partnerships and the dispersion of social ties: a network analysis of relationship status on facebook.Proceedings of the 17th ACM conference on Computer supported cooperative work & social computing, 2014.
- 12Jie Tang, Tiancheng Lou, Jon Kleinberg. Inferring social ties across heterogenous networks.WSDM, pp. 743-752, 2012.
- 13JesúS Bobadilla, Fernando Ortega, Antonio Hernando, JesúS Bernal. A collaborative filtering approach to mitigate the new user cold start problem.Knowl.-Based Syst., pp. 225-238, 2012.
- 14Katherine Faust, A puzzle concerning triads in social networks: Graph constraints and the triad census.Social Networks, pp. 221-233, 2010.
- 15Stavros Sintos, Panayiotis Tsaparas. Using strong triadic closure to characterize ties in social networks.KDD, pp. 1466-1475, 2014.
- 18Thorsten Joachims, Transductive Learning via Spectral Graph Partitioning.ICML, pp. 290-297, 2003.
- 22Andrew I. Schein, Alexandrin Popescul, Lyle H. Ungar, David M. Pennock. Methods and metrics for cold-start recommendations.SIGIR, pp. 253-260, 2002.
- 23Elchanan Mossel, Joe Neeman, Allan Sly. Belief Propagation, Robust Reconstruction, and Optimal Recovery of Block Models.COLT, pp. 356-370, 2013.
- 24Nathan Eagle, Alex (Sandy) Pentland, David Lazer. Inferring friendship network structure by using mobile phone data.Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, pp. 15274-15278, 2009.
WWW (Companion Volume), 2017.