Unsupervised Concept Categorization and Extraction from Scientific Document TitlesEI
This paper studies the automated categorization and extraction of scientific concepts from titles of scientific articles, in order to gain a deeper understanding of their key contributions and facilitate the construction of a generic academic knowledgebase. Towards this goal, we propose an unsupervised, domain-independent, and scalable two-phase algorithm to type and extract key concept mentions into aspects of interest (e.g., Techniques, Applications, etc.). In the first phase of our algorithm we propose PhraseType, a probabilistic ...更多
- 1Dragomir Radev, Amjad Abu-Jbara, Rediscovering ACL discoveries through the lens of ACL anthology network citing sentences.Discoveries@ACL, pp. 1-12, 2012.
- 2Ndapandula Nakashole, Tomasz Tylenda, Gerhard Weikum. Fine-grained Semantic Typing of Emerging Entities.ACL, pp. 1488-1497, 2013.
- 3Eugene Charniak, Statistical parsing with a context-free grammar and word statistics.AAAI/IAAI, pp. 598-603, 1997.
- 4Lev-Arie Ratinov, Dan Roth. Design challenges and misconceptions in named entity recognition.CoNLL, pp. 147-155, 2009.
- 5Jianhua Yin, Jianyong Wang. A dirichlet multinomial mixture model-based approach for short text clustering.KDD, pp. 233-242, 2014.
- 6Steven Abney, Parsing By Chunks., 1991.
- 17Alon Y. Halevy, Natalya Fridman Noy, Sunita Sarawagi, Steven Euijong Whang, Xiao Yu. Discovering Structure in the Universe of Attribute Names.WWW, pp. 939-949, 2016.
- 19Tarique Siddiqui, Xiang Ren, Aditya Parameswaran, Jiawei Han. FacetGist : Collective Extraction of Document Facets in Large Technical Corpora.ACM International Conference on Information and Knowledge Management, 2016.
CIKM, pp. 1339-1348, 2017.