How Do Classifiers Induce Agents To Invest Effort Strategically?EI
Algorithms are often used to produce decision-making rules that classify or evaluate individuals. When these individuals have incentives to be classified a certain way, they may behave strategically to influence their outcomes. We develop a model for how strategic agents can invest effort in order to change the outcomes they receive, and we give a tight characterization of when such agents can be incentivized to invest specified forms of effort into improving their outcomes as opposed to "gaming" the classifier. We show that whenever ...更多
- 4Michael Brückner, Tobias Scheffer. Stackelberg games for adversarial prediction problems.KDD, pp. 547-555, 2011.
- 6Jöran Beel, Bela Gipp, Erik Wilde. Academic Search Engine Optimization (ASEO): Optimizing Scholarly Literature for Google Scholar & Co.Journal of Scholarly Publishing, 2010.
- 7Arrow K J, Uncertainty and the welfare economics of medical care. 1963.Bulletin of the World Health Organization, pp. 141-149, 2004.
- 12Lily Hu, Yiling Chen. A Short-term Intervention for Long-term Fairness in the Labor Market.WWW, 2017.
- 13Yiling Chen, Chara Podimata, Ariel D. Procaccia, Nisarg Shah. Strategyproof Linear Regression in High Dimensions.EC, pp. 9-26, 2018.
- 14Smitha Milli, John Miller, Anca D. Dragan, Moritz Hardt. The Social Cost of Strategic Classification.CoRR, 2018.