I Know You'll Be Back: Interpretable New User Clustering and Churn Prediction on a Mobile Social ApplicationEI
As online platforms are striving to get more users, a critical challenge is user churn, which is especially concerning for new users. In this paper, by taking the anonymous large-scale real-world data from Snapchat as an example, we develop ClusChurn , a systematic two-step framework for interpretable new user clustering and churn prediction, based on the intuition that proper user clustering can help understand and predict user churn. Therefore, ClusChurn firstly groups new users into interpretable typical clusters, based on their ac...更多
- 2Jiliang Tang, Xia Hu, Huiji Gao, Huan Liu. Exploiting local and global social context for recommendation.IJCAI, pp. 2712-2718, 2013.
- 3Neil I Harris, Method for customizing multi-media advertisement for targeting specific demographics., 2006.
- 4John L Daly, Pricing for profitability : activity-based pricing for competitive advantage., 2002.
- 5Fabian Abel, Qi Gao, Geert-Jan Houben, Ke Tao. Twitter-based user modeling for news recommendations.IJCAI, pp. 2962-2966, 2013.
- 9Jia-Dong Zhang, Chi-Yin Chow. iGSLR: personalized geo-social location recommendation: a kernel density estimation approach.SIGSPATIAL/GIS, pp. 334-343, 2013.
- 10Peter Rousseeuw, Silhouettes: a graphical aid to the interpretation and validation of cluster analysis.Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, pp. 53-65, 1987.
- 12Lars Backstrom, Jon Kleinberg. Romantic partnerships and the dispersion of social ties: a network analysis of relationship status on facebook.Proceedings of the 17th ACM conference on Computer supported cooperative work & social computing, 2014.
- 14Shaosheng Cao, Wei Lu, Qiongkai Xu. GraRep: Learning Graph Representations with Global Structural Information.ACM International Conference on Information and Knowledge Management, 2015.
- 15Haewoon Kwak, Changhyun Lee, Hosung Park, Sue Moon. What is Twitter, a social network or a news media?.WWW, pp. 591-600, 2010.
- 16Kai Sheng Tai, Richard Socher, Christopher D. Manning. Improved Semantic Representations From Tree-Structured Long Short-Term Memory Networks.International Workshop on the ACL2 Theorem Prover and Its Applications, 2015.
- 18Beat Kleiner, Time Series Analysis: Forecasting and Control.Technometrics, 2012.
- 19Kawale, J.; Pal, A.; Srivastava, J.. Churn Prediction in MMORPGs: A Social Influence Based Approach.Computational Science and Engineering, 2009. CSE '09. International Conference, pp. 423-428E, 2009.
- 24Jennifer Golbeck, James Hendler. FilmTrust: Movie Recommendations using Trust in Web-based Social Networks.consumer communications and networking conference, 2005.
- 26Micro Speretta, Susan Gauch. Personalized Search Based on User Search Histories.Web Intelligence, pp. 622-628, 2005.
- 27Jiahui Liu, Peter Dolan, Elin Rønby Pedersen. Personalized news recommendation based on click behavior.IUI, pp. 31-40, 2010.
- 28De Freitas, Nando. Learning where to attend with deep architectures for image tracking.Neural Computation, 2012.
- 29Bryan Perozzi, Rami Al-Rfou', Steven Skiena. DeepWalk: online learning of social representations.KDD, pp. 701-710, 2014.
KDD, pp. 914-922, 2018.