Open-Schema Event Profiling for Massive News CorporaEI
With the rapid growth of online information services, a sheer volume of news data becomes available. To help people quickly digest the explosive information, we define a new problem - schema-based news event profiling - profiling events reported in open-domain news corpora, with a set of slots and slot-value pairs for each event, where the set of slots forms the schema of an event type. Such profiling not only provides readers with concise views of events, but also facilitates various applications such as information retrieval, knowle...更多
- 2Siddharth Patwardhan, Ellen Riloff. Effective Information Extraction with Semantic Affinity Patterns and Relevant Regions.EMNLP-CoNLL, pp. 717-727, 2007.
- 8Xiangying Dai, Yancheng He, Yunlian Sun. A Two-layer Text Clustering Approach for Retrospective News Event Detection.AICI), 2010 International Conference, pp. 364-368, 2010.
- 9Jade Goldstein, Vibhu Mittal, Jaime Carbonell, Mark Kantrowitz. Multi-document summarization by sentence extraction.NAACL-ANLP-AutoSum '00 Proceedings of the 2000 NAACL-ANLPWorkshop on Automatic summarization - Volume 4, pp. 40-48, 2000.
- 10Yiming Yang, Tom Pierce, Jaime Carbonell. A study of retrospective and on-line event detection.SIGIR, pp. 28-36, 1998.
- 11Ralph Grishman, Beth Sundheim. Message Understanding Conference-6: a brief history.COLING, pp. 466-471, 1996.
- 12Ana-Maria Popescu, Marco Pennacchiotti, Deepa Paranjpe. Extracting events and event descriptions from Twitter.WWW (Companion Volume), pp. 105-106, 2011.
- 14Shasha Liao, Ralph Grishman. Using document level cross-event inference to improve event extraction.ACL, pp. 789-797, 2010.
- 16Ellen Riloff, Janyce Wiebe, William Phillips. Exploiting subjectivity classification to improve information extraction.AAAI, pp. 1106-1111, 2005.
- 17Nathanael Chambers, Dan Jurafsky. Template-based information extraction without the templates.ACL, pp. 976-986, 2011.
- 18Takaaki Hasegawa, Satoshi Sekine, Ralph Grishman. Discovering relations among named entities from large corpora.ACL, pp. 415-422, 2004.
- 21Shasha Liao, Ralph Grishman. Filtered ranking for bootstrapping in event extraction.COLING, pp. 680-688, 2010.
- 25Knowledgeengineering Methods Hai, Hai Leong Chieu. Closing the Gap: Learning-Based Information Extraction Rivaling., 2003.
- 26Siddharth Patwardhan, Ellen Riloff. A unified model of phrasal and sentential evidence for information extraction.EMNLP, pp. 151-160, 2009.
- 27Hui Lin, Jeff Bilmes. A class of submodular functions for document summarization.ACL, pp. 510-520, 2011.
- 30Nancy Chinchor, David D. Lewis, Lynette Hirschman. Evaluating message understanding systems: an analysis of the third message understanding conference (MUC-3).Computational Linguistics, pp. 409-449, 1993.
CIKM, pp. 587-596, 2018.